I am constantly astounded at how many people who still claim that everything in the Bible is all absolutely true, no matter what scientific evidence, archaeology, and plain ol’ logic say. I guess for some people it is far easier to read one simple book than it is to read a whole lot of hard books and learn something from them. Knowing this, con men have been bilking millions from the “faithful” by feeding them the simplistic nonsense they need to hear. The whole thing is desperately sad.
But that doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t make fun of them for believing gibberish!
Raw Story came across a damn good exposé regarding a Creation Museum:
The Bible is a literal, factual history of the world, including Noah’s Ark and the Great Flood. Dinosaurs rode the ark with Noah. People lived 10 times longer in Biblical times because the Earth’s atmosphere had more oxygen then.
These are just a few of the wrong-headed “facts” on display at The Glendive Dinosaur & Fossil Museum in Glendive, Montana, according to the Great Falls Tribune, which published an exposé on the creationist museum this week.
The Dinosaur and Fossil Museum is the property of Otis Kline, who has some real fossils on display, but has used them to stitch together a very different narrative of the planet’s history than the one commonly accepted by scientists.
Just to turn Ken Ham’s favorite question he tosses at disbelievers around on them, I have to ask them this one thing: “Were you there?” Obviously they weren’t, so how could they know for a fact that everything they claim is the truth? Well they always point to that little imitation leather-bound book they always seem to carry with them when cornered. So sorry, but that book they say is the complete truth of it all just doesn’t seem to meet the burden of proof for many.
Here is what they tell visitors coming to this so called museum:
- The Bible is an accurate, literal history of the world. The world is about 6,000-6,400 years old and a six-day divine creation.
- The flood of the Bible’s book of Genesis, the Noah’s Ark flood, split the continents apart with water called from the deep and set off a worldwide cataclysm that buried the creatures that would become fossils in one mass event. The long flood, ensuing volcanic eruptions and an ice age radically changed the planet.
- Dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time. Dinosaurs were on the ark.
- Life can not be traced back as branches to a trunk. God created “kinds,” like dog kind from whence sprung dogs, wolves, coyotes. Humans and primates don’t come from the same “kind.” Neanderthals, Cro-Magnon and humans are all of “humankind,” which came from Adam and Eve.
- People lived 10 times as long in the Biblical era because the atmosphere had more oxygen.
- The presence of trilobite fossils in places like Kansas is evidence of the Great Flood.
Apparently this place is following the example of Ken Ham of the infamous Kentucky Creation Museum and Answers in Genesis, who also spouts the unsupported claims that there were dinosaurs on Noah’s Ark and that man co-existed with dinosaurs. I’m sorry, but I have to call bullshit on every part of that load of manure!
It was just last spring when a group protested annual public school field trips to this museum of malarkey, which got cancelled due to legal threats. It’s illegal to teach creationism in schools, damn that pesky separation of church and state crap, and this place decided it was going to present “the other side” to kids anyway they could. The school claimed that they never went through the “Biblical” portion of the museum. Riiiiiight!
One of their “tour” guides, Robert Canen, even had the audacity to claim the following to those who ridicule creationist idiots:
“Scientists and academics who don’t believe the Bible, he said, are lazy thinkers who can’t let go of their old ideas.”
Excuse me?!?!? I would say that the exact opposite of that statement is true regarding who just can’t let go of their old ideas, and those people are the Creationists.